The Technology Behind Carpathia Government Solutions
Carpathia Standard FCAP Hosting Services are available for all hosted environments and are supported across all operating systems and most equipment configurations and environment architectures. Carpathia Standard FCAP Hosting Services are delivered in three distinct modules: FCAP Solution Management, FCAP Network Services, and FCAP System Services.
Standard FCAP Solution Management services include compliant management, migration and installation of servers, including asset management, break/fix support, and documentation and audit support for NIST and DIACAP certification.
Standard FCAP Network Services include compliant network-level architecture design and engineering (or validation), management of all network related equipment, as well as security monitoring and vulnerability scanning.
Standard FCAP System Services include compliant system-level architecture design & engineering (or validation), all aspects of system management and monitoring, as well as patch management and managed backup services.
Highly Secure FCAP Hosting
All Carpathia FCAP secure hosting services are delivered in a federally-compliant environment. Carpathia can deliver an additional level of service to meet FISMA Moderate or DIACAP MAC-II mandates and can also incorporate agency specific security requirements. All Highly Secure FCAP hosting clients inherit the capabilities and services offered via our standard FCAP hosting service, but also obtain enhanced levels of network and systems monitoring, additional security at the host-level, customized change management and restricted access environments.
FCAP Optional Services
Carpathia’s E3 Promise means that we are committed to delivering a customer experience that exceeds expectations. Every time. We understand the burden for federal agencies of meeting complex compliance requirements while operating under budget constraints and short implementation intervals. Our Optional FCAP services allow agencies to buy exactly what they need to meet agency and federal mandates, without purchasing expensive bundled services.
Customers on either our Standard or Highly Secure offering can also use our optional services including highly-redundant, multi-carrier bandwidth, direct support for agency private networks, dedicated storage management, as well as application management services and database management services.
Leveraging over ten years of experience in supporting federal agencies with compliant implementations of critical environments, our professional services team can:
- Assist clients in documenting C&A package
- Complete SSP (System Security Plan) document
- Complete Risk Assessment documentation
- Complete POA&M
- Perform system and application vulnerability scanning and make recommendations based on findings
- Provide an assessment/inventory of required policy and procedures to insure FISMA or DIACAP compliance
- Author or assist in documentation of required NIST or DIACAP policy and procedure documents
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements concerning the use of commercial proprietary software, e.g., respecting copyrights and obtaining site licenses
- Providing ongoing ISO (Information Security Officer) support for required continuous monitoring per NIST and DIACAP requirements
- As ISO, provide ongoing auditing support to insure application and system remain in compliance during the system lifecycle
- Approve all patches prior to installation to ensure on-going compliance and rapid installs of critical patches resulting from explicit security threats
- Provide application or database monitoring and management on an on-going basis
- Provide technical guidance and expertise as needed to ensure successful implementation and operation of the customer’s environment